February 23, 2013

eight months.

He's still not crawling, but he rolls around and can pivot on his tummy when he's lying down.  He's got the right leg movements, he pushes them out, but I think because his rolley polley tummy lifts him off the ground a bit, his feet don't make contact with the ground so he can't move himself forward.  It's like he's swimming on the spot.  No teeth yet, but he loves slamming back the puree.  I've been making baby food and in the beginning, it seemed like it wasn't too much trouble and I liked knowing what was going into his food.  But the romance of it is slowly wearing off and I can see the convenience of store-bought jar food.  But he's sleeping through the night, for which we are utterly grateful.  I don't know why I'm still so tired during the day though.  I guess it just comes with being a parent.

His rolling of his fist turned into opening and closing of his hand, like he's doing "twinkle little star" or saying hello/goodbye.  And he's really into making babbly noises by "strumming" his lips (I don't know how else to describe it).  Whether he's happy or angry (his voice goes up and gets tense), it's like his way of communicating right now.  And I'm loving how when I put my hands out to him to pick him up, he puts his hands up to me to be picked up.  Sometimes when we sit next to him and he's done playing on his own, he'll turn to you and start to reach out to grab you or try to eat whatever body part of yours is closest to him, because he just wants to be with you or wants your attention.  It warms my heart every time.

People say he's looking more like his dad.  His hair and skin have gotten lighter.  But I can still see me as a baby in him, especially when his hair gets curly after a bath as I had curly hair too as a baby.  And I was a chubster baby like he is.  He is one solid kid.  My back will never be the same.  But how can you not want to pick up this bundle of slobbery cuteness?!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Crazy that he's 8 months already!! Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

    ReplyDelete