February 27, 2012

guess what.

If you don't already know, we'd like to introduce you to Peanut.

Peanut may look like a floating alien spine, but we're pretty excited about him/her.  At this point, Peanut is about 13 weeks old.
And here, Peanut is about 21 weeks old.  I can't really tell what all the pictures are, but you can see for the most part, Peanut is looking less alien.

If you haven't figured it out yet...we're pregos!!!  Yahtzee!

So our two is becoming three.  If I was a better "blogger" I would have written all about this development...from pre-discovery and how I was hit with morning sickness before I even knew I was with child, to confirmation after taking two pregnancy tests and a pee test, to keeping it a secret/lying for three months.  We're expecting Peanut to arrive June 23.  Crazy how time is flying.

During the first trimester, it seemed surreal with only a glorified muffin top to show forth.  But now, at just under six months along, my belly's definitely popped into a nice round pregnant tummy.  We decided to be surprised and not know the gender ahead of time, so we have the task of coming up with a girl AND a boy name.  Is it just me or are boy names harder to think of?  Many people have given their guesses or seem to be sure of whether it will be a girl or a boy, based on the shape of my stomach to the look of my complexion, and one gender isn't necessarily coming out a sure contender.  Either way, I'm dressing this kid in whatever hand-me downs we collect.  Who says a girl wouldn't look cute in a sailor outfit?  Or a boy wouldn't look cute in a skirt/kilt?

Our little Peanut can be felt now with his/her little kicks and punches; and it's getting harder to feel comfortable in most positions I place my body in.  Overall, I've been lucky and have been doing well, even though I get winded from three flights of stairs.  However, best maternity discovery ever...maternity pants.  I thought I could make due with wearing my pants undone with a belt to hold them up and using a belly band to cover up my indecency, but I splurged and bought maternity jeans, luckily on sale, and I won't ever look back.

And if you're curious, cause people seem to always ask me this, but no weird food cravings.  Although the smell of anything fried makes me want to vomit now.  

Check out the bump...

3 comments:

  1. That's wonderful, Kristin and Matt! I'm thrilled for you and can only imagine how excited your families must be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray and congratulations again! I've been waiting for some photos here so thanks for posting. You look super cute and your hair has gotten so long, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cato! this is the most wonderful exciting news!!! So glad I checked on blogs tonight!!! I have thought of you and wondered how things were going. You are due a few weeks after my sister...who is having another little boy, so 2 girls and 2 boys for them! And Matt and Amber are due on June 15th, I think!
    I pray all goes well with the pregnancy and you have a healthy little one!

    ReplyDelete