June 29, 2010

my mom.

A few weeks back my mom completed a triathlon in my hometown of Saskatoon.  She had been wanting to do one and decided to use the opportunity to raise money for us to buy computers and other supplies for our youth resource center.  The race included a 500m swim, 12km bike ride, and a 5km run, more than I've ever done.  Not only did my mom show me up physically, she also raised over $1,500.   (photo - Kaysie Wall on the bike leg of the Triathlon)

I have been continually amazed by many things throughout starting and running UrbanPromise Honduras.  The one thing that has been the most enjoyable is the generosity from my friends and family and from the willingness of people to help. We also just recently received a couple laptops from some of my awesome friends back home, so our youth center is starting to take shape and I think will be really beneficial to the youth here.

Thank you to all the people who supported my mom in the triathlon, to all my awesome friends and family, and to my amazing parents who keep encouraging and supporting me.

Good job, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment