November 11, 2011

helluuuuu again.

Time flies when you're doing life. For those of you who are curious, a little update:

~Matt started his MBA at Trinity Western U. specializing in Non-Profit Management.  It was a bit of a rough start (how fun can financial accounting and management really be), but I think he's settled in and enjoying it just a little bit more than before with courses that actually have to do with "non-profity" subjects.  I have to say, I think he's a much better student than I was; he gets his papers and assignments in on time. 

~He's still working at Pacific Academy as an Educational Assistant for the high school.  Next year, he'll be taking a group of students to help with UrbanPromise Honduras for their spring break trip.  Needless to say, I'm excited for/jealous of him.

~I've changed jobs from being an ESL teacher downtown to working with Union Gospel Mission in the downtown Eastside.  Why the change?  1. I got a layoff notice in the Fall and needed a back-up plan. 2. Lesson prep was filling up my evenings and weekends and I was beginning to resent it. 3. I was feeling more frustrated than fulfilled in my job.  What am I doing?  I'm working at the Women and Families Centre implementing a new program that involves coordinating a team of support for someone with complex needs to help with long-term improvement.  It's pretty cool, but a bit overwhelming.  So much to learn.  But I don't have to take work home with me which is pretty sweet.  And I have my own real office!

Here are a few pics from the past couple of months.  I realize I'm uber behind in going through my photos and posting some...all the way back to my time in Korea.  I've lost any motivation to take pictures because I'm so backlogged and taking new pictures just means getting behind even further.  However...I'm going to attempt to pull out my old photos and start posting them.  I have so much to show you from my/our past travels, and life in general, in the last couple of years.  So here begins a a whole lot o' flashbacking...


A day at the PNE with barnyard animals and Peking Acrobats.



And a day trip to Fairhaven, Bellingham with friends.  Wandered through antique stores and touristy shops,
and ended up at Rocket Donuts for a sweet treat.
That's a bacon maple bar...that's right...'bacon.'  Weirdly enough, it was so good.

2 comments:

  1. I was just here the other day, wondering what y'all were up to so thanks for the update! It all sounds great guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering where you guys were living and what you were doing, as I wasn't sure if you were still in Van. Now I know :) Whenever I am there next, I hope to see ya...and your pregnant self...or if not before the baby comes, to meet the baby!

    ReplyDelete